Monday, December 5, 2011

Getting back up

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”   Confucius

So the first round of resumes didn't go so well, but I'm getting myself up, dusting myself off and starting all over again, as the old song says.  At least this time I've got a Christmas soundtrack on Pandora. As an aside, I've become really addicted to Pandora.  I love the music genome idea and the way it applies.  Every now and then I get surprised by some song or group I love but have forgotten about and wonder what I "liked" to get it to show up.  And instead of listening to some song I've never liked (e.g., "I'll be watching you" by the police) I can hit the thumbs down and never have to hear it again!  Love it.

I also gave myself a stern talking to about letting go of expectations, which were playing havoc with my life.  And the BF's life.  But after 4 months of sending out resumes with no nibbles, it's easy to get discouraged.  Big breath, moving forward now.

So, I'm revising my resume again, and will spend today uploading the new version to each of the recruiting sites I've already signed up with (if I can remember them all ~ the Bay Area has tons of recruiting sites).  I'm also going to connect some of the recruiters I haven't heard boo from and send them the new version and find out what's up and if they have any advice for me. 

Look at me, transforming into the Job Seeker Transfomer (they should make one of those, btw.  Little boys may not think it's cool at age 7, but it will come back to them when they get older).  Looking at this process as a game should lighten the energy and (perhaps) make it fun.

BTW, does anyone know when I started talking with so many parentheses?

No comments:

Post a Comment