Monday, December 19, 2011

Go with your Strenghts.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Maya Angelou

TC Corollary: If you really hate where you are, do both.

After a hiatus for sickness and a week off work, I’m back!

I did get a couple of calls from recruiters on my time off.  Please, please notice the period in place of what would have been an exclamation point a couple of months ago.  Part of my new, saner job search.  Just because a recruiter has called you to submit your resume to some employer, that in itself is not cause for joy.  It’s a step in the right direction, but still too removed from an actual job to merit any emotional expenditure.

Still, it’s nice to know that some of the new tactics are working.  I have a lot to do – I’ve only had one serious Monday to put the plan in place – I was ill last week and the lack of PTO requires me to be at work today (I’m writing this update on my lunch hour).

I’ve decided to change my resume once again to reflect by Business Analyst experience.  My current title is Business Analyst/Software Developer, and I think that it will be easier to get past gate keepers with a job title that I am currently holding.  I still hold out hope for a return to Software Development Manager, but those hopes are being tempered by the reality that it’s been a few years since I’ve held that position.  And until I get my PMP, there doesn’t seem to be much return in sending out PM resumes.

I am reminded of something I was saying to myself earlier this year but got lost:  Go with your strengths!

No comments:

Post a Comment