Saturday, January 21, 2012

"Ability will never catch up with the demand for it." Confucius

This has been a momentous week!  I have not one, but TWO second interviews scheduled!! After 5 months of creating resumes and cover letters, revising resumes and cover letters, applying, applying, applying, talking to recruiters, revising resumes, talking to recruiters, rethinking my strategy, asking for advice on what to change, taking the advice, changing things up, revising my resume and cover letter, applying, applying, applying, talking to recruiters, and never hearing back -- this is the week that forward movement was achieved!

I know interviews are not jobs but I am confident in my interview skills.  Even if neither of these positions is a good fit, just the fact that I'm moving forward is tremendously exciting and a clear indication that I'm on the right path.  I'm taking today off the job search -- sending out resumes and spending 30 minutes after pressing the button with those dreaded words "Apply on Company Website."  I am not suspending the search by any means.  I learned early on in my career to follow the old adage, "You never stop looking for a job until your first day of work."  But after five months, I believe I deserve this day of celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment