Saturday, January 14, 2012

Where, oh Where has my Pedometer Gone?

“Never confuse motion with action.” Benjamin Franklin

So I was really getting into it - tracking my steps.  On goal for 4000 a day with spikes on the days I don't do the 15 Minute Fitness gig.  Writing down the steps every day, walking blocks out of the way to amp up the numbers.  I spent the morning two days ago logging how many steps it takes to go to the bathroom from my new desk at work: short way vs. long way.  If I take the long way every time, and go to the kitchen or bathroom 4 times a day, taking the long way will get me an extra mile by the end of the week!

Tracking, moving forward, making progress.  Then, BAM!  No pedometer.  Honestly, it had come off several times before, but I'd always been able to find it again.  I was lost.  Adrift.  How can I tell how well I'm going?  Goals need specific, actionable items in order to be real (see, I did get something from management training).

So I took Action (thank you, Mr. Franklin).  Enter Amazon and their 24-7 shopping experience.  Not only did I replace the exact model of pedometer, I added a 'leash.'  Evidently, I attach the leash to the pedometer, attach it to my belt as well, then if the pedometer takes a leap, it will be caught by the leash. 

Here's hoping it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment